So, what if you want to make your own mouthwash? like, how do you do about it? in this article, I am going to show you how to make mouthwash, I mean natural homemade mouthwash for you and your family.
yeah, are you among those who frown at patronizing over the counter drug stores for mouth products, or do you wish to have your own homemade mouthwash? by the end of this article, you would have learned how to use natural ingredients around you to make effective mouthwash to prevent bad breath and cavities.
With proper orientation, coupled with a healthy lifestyle, diets, and mouthwash, you can successfully eliminate bad breath and keep your mouth as fresh and clean as possible.
The truth is that many people rely on chemicals these days while neglecting the fact that nature has bestowed remedies to issues such as bad breath and other oral issues.
Due to oral issues, many people have undergone various life-threatening procedures just to cure them. while most have been successful, others have not.
well, that’s not why you are here, you are here because you want to learn how to make mouthwash right? let’s get down to business then.
In this post, I am going to show you how you can make a mouthwash that will effectively get rid of bad breath and help prevent tooth decay.
Remember, making your own mouthwash is cheap and natural. you can make it as plenty as possible.
Do not get me wrong, there are good commercial mouth products (mouthwash) to eliminate and cure tooth decay and prevent bad breath but they are quite expensive and may take some hours to arrive if you ordered online.
Your natural homemade mouthwash is very cheap and does not come with unnecessary packaging and preservatives.
Benefits of making Homemade Mouthwash
Listed out here, are the benefits of making your own homemade mouthwash
- Homemade mouthwash is made from natural ingredients and chemical-free
- It is free from dyes and preservatives
- they are not dangerous when swallowed
- it is less expensive and long-lasting
- Gives strong tooth foundation and eliminates tooth decay and bath breath
- Homemade mouthwashes do not contain acids that cause tooth decay
- Homemade mouthwash prevents destruction of the oral microbiome
How to make Mouthwash: DIY Homemade Natural mouthwash
Homemade mouthwash is really simple to make. you don’t need technical or medical skills to do yours. outlined below are the ingredients and DIY steps on how to make mouthwash.
- Get an empty glass bottle with a screw cap
- Get 2 – 3 cups of not so warm distilled water
- Get 40 grams xylitol (birch sugar) (check price on Amazon)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (check price on Amazon)
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil (food grade) (check Price on Amazon)
- mix all ingredients together
Now put all the ingredients listed above inside the empty glass bottle and make sure the lid is airtight. Holding the empty bottle, shake vigorously until they form a mixture.
Allow the ingredients to dissolve and your homemade mouthwash is ready for use.
How this Homemade Mouthwash Ingredients Works
- The baking soda (check price on Amazon) effectively neutralizes acid contained in the mouth and therefore prevents abrasion of your tooth enamel.
- Xylitol (birch sugar) (check price on Amazon) helps prevents the development of cavities in your tooth. When used regularly, it reduces the formation of plaque and tartar in the tooth.
- The peppermint oil (food grade) (check price on Amazon) makes the mouthwash tastes pleasantly fresh and ensures good breath.
How to use homemade mouthwash Step by Step
Now you are done making your homemade mouthwash. you can either use it before or after brushing your teeth. It can also be used anytime you wish; just take some and gargle especially when you aren’t able to conveniently brush your teeth during the day.
It’s very helpful to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after flossing and brushing, to help remove any remaining debris that you may not have pulled out from between your teeth during flossing or brushing.
Therefore, this is how to use homemade mouthwash
- Start by brushing your mouth first.
- Pour a small quantity of your mouthwash from the container into a small cup
- put the liquid into your mouth
- Swish the mouthwash around in your mouth for one minute or 30 seconds.
- Continue by gargling the mouthwash and spread it to the back of your tongue to help clean the back of the tongue and your throat area.
- Do this often as it is helpful if you are dealing with canker sores or sore throat.
- Finally, you are left with a clean and fresh breath
The simple fact that you have learned how to make mouthwash, does not mean that you can’t purchase a mouthwash product especially if you have the funds. But it is important that you go natural sometimes.
While making or purchasing a mouthwash, these are lists of ingredients you should avoid in a mouthwash.
- Chlorine dioxide
Thanks for reading… Please share with your friends