Get your lips deeply hydrated and moisturizers, giving it a fresh and soft feel with lips scrubs by learning how to exfoliate lips properly for effectiveness.
Are you eager to get a soft, sweet and succulent lip, do you wish to remove dead skin and dry skin around your lips? or maybe you have tried to exfoliate but you are not yet satisfied?
Trust me, Lips exfoliation if not done properly, can cause more harm to your lips than good. One of the reasons for this is that you do not know the trick and tips involved in lips exfoliation.
Secondly, using sub-standard lips scrub to exfoliate your lips can backfire. you can check out this article on the best lips scrub for dark lips and dry lips.
it is very important you know how to exfoliate lips properly so that you don’t cause any damage to your lips skin.
Do you care for an improved lips texture? engaging in holistic lips exfoliating treatment once or twice a week will help cleanse your lips so they are left looking fresh, succulent and healthier than ever.
Why should you exfoliate your lips?
Table of Contents
Most people do not know the reasons behind lips exfoliation while some people do it for the wrong reasons. However, I am going to show you why you should exfoliate your lips once or twice a week to maintain soft, supple and healthy-looking lips.
To remove dark lips and dry lips
you should exfoliate in order to get rid of dry dead skins from your lips. This is very necessary if you want to get rid of dark lips and get baby soft lips.
To moisturize your lips
Lips exfoliation helps to keep your lips moisturized, shiny and inviting. Lips exfoliators do not only remove dry skin with ingredients like sugar granules but also deeply hydrate with moisturizers.
To make your lips soft and supple
If you really want, a baby soft, fresh and supple lips, always ensure you exfoliate your lips once or twice a week maximum. This ensures that your lips remain soft and healthy.
To keep your lips hydrated for a long time
Exfoliating your lips helps to keep it hydrated and fresh. This ensures that your lips remain free from damage and dryness.
To make your lipstick last longer on your lips (for the ladies)
if you want your lip balm and lipstick to last long on your lips, always exfoliate your lips. It is very necessary.
How to Exfoliate Lips Properly a Step by Step Guide
Now, I will show you how to Scrub your lips properly
- Make sure your lips are clean of makeup and dust before you start
- Get a good Lip scrub or exfoliate, you can read this article on the best lip scrub for exfoliating for guidance
- Gently exfoliate lips using a lip brush or flannel to get rid of dead skin
- Use a humidifier to help keep the air around you moist so as to preserve moisture.
- Always wear a lip balm with an SPF factor if you’re exfoliating in the morning
- Lastly, wear a hydrating moisture lip balm if you’re about to go to bed.
How to Exfoliate your lips using Honey-Sugar Lip Scrub
Sugar is a known effective natural exfoliant when mixed with honey, it becomes a great lip moisturizing scrub.
- Get and mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar
- Massage the mixture into your lips and leave for 10 minutes or so
- Remove with the help of a wet face washer
- Apply SPF Lip balm
How to Exfoliate your lips using Lip Scrub and Lip Brush
- Apply a thick layer of your favorite lip scrub to your lips (See the best lip scrub for dark lips)
- With a clean lip brush, gently brush your lips in a circular motion
Basic Lips Exfoliation Hacks (tips and tricks)
This are the tips and tricks to have perfect lips exfoliation.
- Always apply a lip balm that has an SPF component to protect your lips from sunburn while going out
- Do not exfoliate hard
- Do not exfoliate very often. limit your lip exfoliation to at most twice in a week
- Always use a lip balm with oil to stay moisturized
- Do not use saliva to wet your lips
Now that you have learned how to exfoliate lips properly, always remember to limit it. Scrubbing or exfoliating hard will damage your lips for good, you don’t want your lips to become too sensitive, do you?