Betadine Sore throat Gargle and Mouthwash are arguably one of the best gargles for sore throat and other oral related infections. Betadine gargle has been said to kill germs in your mouth within 30 seconds.
Welcome to mouth care tech and today, I am going to be doing a review about Betadine Gargle for sore throat. This product is very popular in both the UK and Australia. Although not so popular in the US market, but it has been proven to work like magic.
So in this post, I want to do Betadine Sore Throat Gargle Review and show you why you need it and why you don’t need it.
What is Betadine Gargle & Mouthwash?
Betadine is an anti-viral and anti-bacterial formula used as an aid in the treatment of sore throats and other mouth diseases like bad breath, gingivitis, canker sores, etc. Betadine mouthwash is an antiseptic mouthwash that kills most bacteria and viruses present in the sore throat (pharyngitis) within 30 seconds.
Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash are used for the treatment of acute infections of the lining of the mouth
and throat, for example, inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) and mouth ulcers. Betadine Gargle has worked effectively in the prevention of oral wound infections, Bad breath, Pharyngitis, Tonsillitis and Gingivitis
Betadine sore throat gargle active ingredients
Betadine gargle and mouthwash contain Povidone-iodine, which produces disinfecting action by releasing iodine. 1 ml: Povidone-iodine 70 mg.
Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash contain povidone-iodine which is used to kill a wide range of disease-causing germs such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores, and other defects.
It is also used for cleansing the mouth (oral hygiene) before, during and after a dental or mouth surgery in order to kill germs and infections.
How to use Betadine Sore Throat Gargle and Mouthwash for Oral solution
- Use the product diluted with an equal volume of warm water
- Dilute 1ml of betadine mouthwash to 30ml with water using the measure provided and gargle for 30 seconds and then spit it out without swallowing.
- Repeat up to four times daily, for up to 14 days in a row, or as directed by your doctor
- Do not swallow
- Consult your doctor if symptoms persist
- Betadine gargle should not be used or administered to children under 6 years
Betadine used as mouth gargle is a very dilute solution and usually not very harmful if swallowed. But if swallowed accidentally, with accompanying side effects like nausea, vomiting, and irritation, contact your doctor with the bottle of the product.
What are the side effects of Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash?
Trust me, every drug reacts differently from individual to individual. All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects.
in this case, the side effects of this drug may include:
- Tightness in the chest or throat
- Trouble breathing, swallowing
- Allergic reaction, like rash and itching
- irritation where this drug is administered
- Applying very large amounts of medicines containing povidone-iodine, or using such products over a
a long period of time can occasionally cause thyroid disorders which include weight loss,
increased appetite and sweating or lacking energy and weight gain
Remember: Call your doctor or get medical help ASAP if any of these side effects do not go away.
How to store Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- Do not use Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash after the expiry date as stated on the label
- Always store below 25°C. Protect from light
Do not use betadine mouthwash and gargle
- if you are allergic or hypersensitive to povidone-iodine
- if you currently have or have ever had a thyroid problem, including swelling (nodular colloid
goitre, endemic goitre or Hashimoto’s thyroiditis)
- if you are currently having lithium therapy for depression
- On children of 6 years and under
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) on Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash
Is Betadine gargle safe for pregnancy?
Do not use Betadine gargle and mouthwash if you are pregnant. in fact, If you know or think you might be pregnant or are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash.
Betadine gargle if swallowed, what to do?
This product shouldn’t be swallowed. If don accidentally with some side effects manifesting, quickly contact your doctor with the bottle.
What is betadine mouthwash price?
Do you want to know the actual price of betadine sore throat gargle? kindly check the price here.