Your lips deserve the best care it can get. Today, you’ll learn how to treat chapped lips with vitamins together with the best vitamins for lips for a soft, plump, and healthy lips.
Just as we have vitamins for teeth and gums, we also have vitamins for the lips. We cannot talk about mouth without mentioning your lips, together with your teeth and gums, they make up the essential components of your oral system.
When you start to experience dry, crusty, and ugly chapped lips, it could be your lips is lacking the required vitamins to function well. if you are looking for any vitamin supplements lips and any moisturizers for full, plump and supple pink lips, this article is for you.
Not only will you learn how to treat chapped lips with vitamins, but you’ll also get to know about the best vitamin supplements for lips that work.
Benefits vitamin supplements for lips
you may have tried so many drug stores, prescribed lip creams from doctors, lip balms and chapsticks and they’re are not working for you.
now have you tried vitamins? do you know that the absence of vitamins in your skin can cause dry, rusty, and chapped lips?
Can vitamin deficiencies cause dry and chapped lips?
you may not know this, the absence of the required vitamins in your body can generally cause chapped lips. Although other factors like exposure to cold weather, sun exposure, and dehydration and smoking can cause chapped lips, however, your case may be nutritional deficiencies like vitamins.
However, on the usage of vitamins for chapped lips, an overdose of this can spell doom for your lips. Overdose of vitamins can also cause chapped lips.
Aside from vitamin deficiencies in your body, other things that can cause these conditions may include the following.
- Exposed to air condition: Constant exposure to air-conditioned rooms can use dry lips.
- Using lip balm with SPF can also cause chapped lips
- Excessive usage humidifiers at night can have a negative effect on your lips because you don’t go out in the day with humidifiers. therefore, it would be tasking for your lips to adapt to the changing weather conditions.
- Having a lot of fats in your food.
- Taking an overdose of multivitamins
- Reactions and Allergies
What are the best vitamins for lips?
There are various vitamin supplements for lips which you may not know. These vitamins perform different tasks to ensure you have a supple, soft, and pink lip all day long.
Best Vitamins for Lips 2020 (How to treat Chapped Lips)
Have you wondered why vitamin E is a common ingredient in many skincare products, such as creams, anti-aging serums, moisturizers, and lip balms? This nutrient has a very good reputation when it comes to everything about skincare.
Do you want to know exactly what it does for your lips? Its antioxidizing nature enables it to fight dead cells in your skin.
Does vitamin E soothe your lips?
Yes, vitamin E helps to protect your skin from ultraviolet rays from the sun. As you know, your lips when exposed constantly to the sun does not contain melanin that helps to protect the skin from sunburn, this is where vitamin E comes to your rescue.
Aside from protecting your skin and soothing your lips, there are other benefits of Vitamin E in your body.
Zinc as one of the best vitamins for lips is highly important to your overall health. without enough zinc in your diet, you may experience some degrees of cracked lips and tongue, and rough, dry skin.
Zinc is commonly found in foods like beef, pork, whole grains, turkey, beans, ricotta, turkey, and cheese. Kindly note that too much zinc can be toxic to your health.
Lack of vitamin B-2 also known as Riboflavin can cause cracked lips. This vitamin can be gotten from foods like eggs, milk, leafy vegetables, and nuts. They’re also packed as supplements. In case you don’t know, a lack of Vitamin B-2 in your body may result in sore lips or mouth sores.
Less than enough vitamin B-3 or niacin in your body may end up with dry, cracked lips and mouth or tongue sores. You can get this nutrient in your diet by eating beef, pork, tuna, poultry, cereal grains, milk, and green leafy vegetables. A deficiency can also lead to a condition called dermatitis.
Other vitamins include Vitamin A and Vitamin B-6. However, if you have too much vitamin A in your diet, you may experience dry skin and lips.
How to treat chapped lips with vitamins at home
These are some DIY guides on how to treat chapped lips with vitamins at home.
- Always take a combination of multivitamin and mineral supplements that includes zinc, vitamin E, B vitamins including B2 (riboflavin), vitamin A, and iron, as well as essential fatty acids.
- Stop smoking. Smoking does not only leads to dry lips, but it also leads to mouth dryness that in turn leads to bad breath.
- Always use lip balms that contain an SPF of at least 15 if you are going out in the sun for long.
- Always go for natural lip products e.g idol lips plumper for plump lips.
- Avoid lip balms that contain camphor and related chemical compounds.
- Avoid alcohol-based mouthwash and toothpaste.
- Stop licking your lips, moisturizing your lips with saliva increase the chances of dryness and chapping. Use lip balms instead.
Conclusion: The Best Vitamins for Lips
Vitamin deficiencies may not actually be the only cause of your chapped lips. This is why it is advisable to visit your health adviser for some tests and tips. But it does not stop you from having your vitamin supplements for lips handle as this helps to nourish not only your lips but your whole body.
Always remember, An overdose of these vitamins for lips can further compound the whole issue. together with these best vitamins for lips, you can also use lip balms with natural ingredients that moisturize and condition your lips as well.