There are special toothbrushes for braces. Check out this best toothbrush for braces, proven to work well even when you are on braces and trust me, they’re cheap but effective.
One of the best ways outside using mouthwash to fight bacteria in your mouth is through brushing. Another way is by flossing regularly.
To make your teeth free from germs and bacteria, you have to brush regularly. This brushing entails using a good toothbrush. Do you wear dental braces? there is some good toothbrush for braces.
That being said, not all toothbrush is good for braces. According to Knowyourteeth. Normally, your dentist may recommend you wear braces to correct some dental issues.
This dental issues if left untreated can result in many dental problems like tooth decay, gum disease, headaches, and earaches, as well as speaking, biting or chewing problems.
Why do you need a toothbrush for your braces?
Table of Contents
Dental braces can hide bacteria, making it possible for your teeth to start growing tooth plaques. So picking up the best toothbrush for braces is very essential to help in cleaning your teeth thoroughly. Also, you need to practice healthy oral hygiene while wearing braces.
There are two types of toothbrush for braces, we have the manual toothbrush for braces and the electric toothbrush for braces.
While the manual ones might seem more appealing and easy to use, an electric toothbrush can also work fine because both of them were designed for braces and will definitely make your work easier, giving you and smooth and clean tooth with no discomfort while keeping your gum clean and healthy.
it is very important you know that braces are not for kids only. Adults also wear braces to correct some dental defects and put smiles on their faces but that smile would not be complete without a good toothbrush for braces
What to consider when choosing a toothbrush for braces
Actually, you do not need a specific toothbrush for braces but I recommend you consider the following when choosing a good toothbrush for your braces.
- A good handle to ensure you have a firm grip to get into hard to reach places of your mouth
- Soft, round-ended bristles to prevent gum and teeth abrasion
- A toothbrush that can dislodge as many food particles as possible
- A toothbrush that can effectively remove plaque.
- If your child wears braces, always supervise him or her.
So, today, I am going to talk about two things in one which is, the best manual toothbrush for braces and the best electric toothbrush for braces.
5 Best Toothbrush for Braces 2020 (Tested and Trusted)
Un this section, I am going to showing you the best-rated toothbrush for braces. It’s going to be a combined review of both manual toothbrushes for braces and electric toothbrush for braces.
are you in a hurry? in the table below are my best toothbrush for braces (comprises of both manual and electric toothbrush) selected from others.
I am not out to waste your time…
Best manual toothbrush for braces
Best electric toothbrush for braces
Oral-B Ortho Soft Cleans Around Braces Toothbrush
Editor’s Choice (Best)
Philips Sonicare HX6810/50 ProtectiveClean 4100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
while manual brushes are still in vogue, I’d prefer the electric brushes. Technology has made life easier and works faster.
- Philips Sonicare HX6810/50 ProtectiveClean 4100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Oral-B Ortho Soft Cleans Around Braces Toothbrush
- Sonic Electric Whitening Toothbrush Rechargeable for Adults and Teens, ADA Accepted
- Oral B Replacement Brush Heads- Oral B Braun Ortho & Power Tip Generic Replacement Toothbrush Head- 20 Pack of OralB Electric Toothbrush
- GUM Orthodontic Toothbrush – V Trim Soft Brush (3 Toothbrushes)
How to Use a Toothbrush with Braces
These are simple ways on how to use the toothbrush with braces, applicable to both manual and electric toothbrush for braces.
- Start by rinsing your mouth with water. Always rinse your mouth with water before brushing.
- Always make sure your brushing is neat before applying toothpaste on it. it is best to run the brush underwater for a few seconds before brushing.
- Apply toothpaste on your brush. Remember, always brush with a fluoride-based toothpaste to ensure your teeth stay strong and healthy.
- Avoid applying too much pressure and gently brush.
- Gently brush in between the braces
- Place your brush at an angle of 45 degrees and gently brush the inner and biting surface of your teeth.
- Brush your tongue properly.
- Gently floss your teeth and braces. Flossing actually helps to remove the remaining trapped food particles on your teeth and braces.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and repeat this twice daily for effective results.
Conclusion: The Best Toothbrush for braces
From this article, I painstakingly talked about both manual toothbrushes for braces and electric toothbrush for braces. If you are still wondering which to go for, I suggest you make your decision ASAP. I recommend the Electric toothbrush because it makes brushing easier and fun.
One of the best ways to limit bacteria attack in your mouth and keep your teeth clean and free from plaque is to replace your brush on a regular basis.
The American Dental Association recommends throwing out your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months. Always do away with your toothbrush once they become worn out and frayed.